Home > Home & Auto Insurance > Identity Theft Insurance in Victoria
Identity Theft Insurance
Your identity is valuable and unique. It takes a thief only a few hours to assume your identity – but it can take you several months, even years, to restore your good name, credit rating and legal standing. With identity theft on the rise in Canada, my name® Identity Theft Assistance Plus through INTACT INSURANCE can provide you with a total solution:
- Coverage that includes reimbursement associated with identity theft up to $25,000 per policy year. The plus?
- 24/7 Identity Theft Assistance that gives you access to a representative who will guide you through the whole process.
- 24/7 Legal Assistance on non-identity theft related topics like landlord & tenants law, wills, family law and more.
Identity restoration expenses include:
- Costs of notarizing affidavits or similar documents
- Lost income
- Loan re-application fees
- Legal fees (including legal fees to recover assets fraudulently acquired by someone else)
- Telephone and postal/courier expenses
- Cost of replacing any stolen government-issued ID
- Up to four credit reports and 12 months of credit monitoring* if you're a victim of ID theft or if your government-issued ID is stolen
When you purchase identity theft protection, it covers not only you but also others living in the same household: your spouse, your relatives and any person under 21 in your care. As well, your children are still covered even while living temporarily away from home and enrolled in and attending a school, college or university.
Identity theft is available as an endorsement to your INTACT home, condo or tenants package.